Sunday, 17 February 2013

New pens for our Gift Shop!

I’m so excited to show you our first pens that have arrived for our online Gift Shop. As you know we don’t make any profit from keeping the rescue animals here, and so having an online shop is a good way to help with fundraising. Here they are…..

Fundraising pen green

We asked for a nice green (grass green) to keep in with the farm theme, and included our logo “I helped saved a life today”. That’s exactly what our fundraising will do – help with costs to take in more animals, build more coops/shelters, pay vets bills and so on. We also do heaps of ‘back end’ work here in helping to find potential rehomers which includes many phone calls to landlines and mobiles. Have you seen our phone bill? Lol We also drive many miles collecting animals that need a home, so gas too is another expense in the work we do here, and our fundraising will help save more lives.

We have opted for a $2 fee across the board for shipping, giving us a clear $5 (NZD) per pen for fundraising. Every little helps and it’s a great memento too for those who wish to donate. If you would like to purchase one of our Little Acres Farm pens, please click on the PayPal button below, or visit our online shop in our website. Thank you!


P.S. In case you didn't see the update on my previous post.... we managed to find Willie a new home! Yaye!

.

7 comments :

  1. I'm in for two, but they only charged $2 total for shipping. Can you send them to the US for that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Granny, yes for two it's the same amount of shipping. Variables increase after $10, $50, $100 purchased, and so on. We don't want to charge per pen for shipping when 2 can easily go for the same as 1. For the amount we weighed, postage is coming in at $2.70. Again, we don't wish to make a profit on shipping, but be fair and reasonable, so we trimmed the shipping in favour of the purchasers. If we can sell these at $5 each, we're happy. It's swings and roundabouts Granny, and we shall cover the shipping on the multiple purchases. I hope this clears things up, and thank you for asking. You're so honest too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In that case, may I ask you to just send me one pen, and put the extra $5 into your expense fund?

      Delete
  3. Hi, Good morning Granny! Oh, I don't understand? D'you think I should charge shipping per pen then? You can tell I've not done this before, lol. I wonder if I can set the prices to scale? Ie; $2 for one, and then $3 for two... and so on. I'll have to go and recheck the button thing again. Spot the newb! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not necessarily. I just want to give you the most I can (no problems getting my debit card to do the transaction through PayPal). I'd rather have you just send me one pen and keep the extra $5 I paid for the second pen. You know I'd send you even more, but Annie had to have a cancer removed from her ear and have her teeth cleaned ($$$), then our septic tank sprung a leak and we had to hook up to the city sewer this week ($$$$), and now our property taxes are due for the year ($$$$). LOL, I'm running out of $$$$!

      Delete
  4. The pens are a great idea, when are you moving onto t-shirts? You have some great photos that would look great printed on t-shirts (or mugs!) and people could choose which animal they have 'saved' (though to choose just one would be hard LOL!) :) Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa! Yes we already have keyrings on order, and in October we can start turning the WHOLE farm into a petting zoo. We plan to buy a 'gottage' (http://skylinegarages.co.nz/gottages) which will become our Gift/Souveneir shop and Tea/Coffee/Ices shop. For next year too, I shall get calendars printed up as well, and other fundraisers to sell. So its all in hand... just 7 1/2 months to go! We also plan to buy another 50 acres, to grow and self sustain our own animal feeds... heaven! Then we shall never have to turn an animal away again, we shall have space and food for any eventuality. I'll look into T/Sweat shirts.. good idea! Ty :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi, please feel free to leave a comment. I would love to hear from you! Thank you.